Spring Events Announcement and Information
Dear Perry High School Families and Guardians,
The recent guidance provided by Governor DeWine in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Education (Graduation Ceremony Statement) regarding commencement and other year-end activities has required us to make some difficult decisions regarding Spring events. As the district adheres to the recommendations of the Governor and the Ohio Department of Education, we share in the disappointment with everyone that these activities will be cancelled or adjusted. Moving through these challenging times, our top priority has always been to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our students, staff, and community. We have received the input of the school district, staff and stakeholders in making these decisions based upon the Governor’s and the Ohio Department of Education’s guidance.
As a result of this input, the remainder of our Spring events will either be cancelled or held remotely in the following ways:
– Prom will be cancelled with no rescheduling of the event
– Commencement will be designed as a Virtual Commencement to be held on the original date/time of Sunday, May 24th @ 2:00 PM. Specific details will be provided by Perry HS administration regarding cap/gown distribution, receiving of diplomas and other activities to recognize and celebrate the Class of 2020 in the coming days.
– Scholarship Night will be designed in a remote format on the original date/time of Tuesday, May 19th @ 7:00 PM. Specific details for those receiving this recognition will be sent by the Perry HS Counseling Department in the coming days.
– Award Ceremonies and Other Events will be designed in a remote format with specific details communicated by the advisor of each organization.
– National Honor Society & National Career Technical Honor Society Induction will be held in a remote format on Thursday, May 7th @ 7:00 PM. Specific details will be sent to inductees and families by the advisor of NHS in the coming days.
We empathize with everyone that we will not be able to celebrate with our students in-person and bring our families or community together for these monumental events yet feel as though this is the best way, in accordance with all the guidelines provided, to acknowledge the Class of 2020 and all our students. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience with all of these difficult decisions. As new information becomes available, we will continue to provide regular updates on these events as details
are planned out. Click here for the PDF version. Puede hacer clic aquí para ver la versión en español.